Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wally J Jones - My Marley






I recently went to see the film Marley and Me. Like most others in the theatre I can say that I spent a good quarter of the film holding back tears. It was a lovely yet sad story of a dog which, although incredibly badly behaved, shaped the life of the family and as the movie claims - bought out the best in them.


Today I had to say goodbye to Wally J Jones. Wally J has been the perfect dog. Like most couples, he was our first "child". Adopted during our second year of marriage as a result of my nagging. He was a golden cocker spaniel and I can honestly say bought me nothing but joy every day since I have had him. Wally was the fat puppy in the litter. There were three left and his tummy was so big and round and he looked so happy when he wagged his little stumpy tail. That is why I picked him - and what a good pick it was.

Wally was easily trained, walked off the lead with us, came when called, was well behaved in the car, rarely barked, loved being groomed and happily chewed a bone whilst sitting on the couch with us at night. Unfortunately just like humans, animals have a use by date and after thirteen years as my golden boy the time had come to say farewell.

Wally now has a plot in the garden. I picked it specially - near the fish pond, lots of day time sun and a nice seat for me to sit on to ponder my amazing memories of him.



Wally J Jones - Rest In Peace 31 January 1996 - 31 March 2009.




No comments:

Post a Comment